A visit to Paris the second day

The first day was a very busy one on our visit to Paris. After we had had a nice evening meal we dropped to bed and had a good nights sleep.

The next morning the four of us started with a nice french breakfast at the hotel before we decided what we would do this day.
Unfortunately the weather was not looking all to good for this day so we decided to go and visit the famous Parisian catacombs.

Out of the hotel room window I took some quick pictures trying out the different filters which are new to the X100S.



First is the selective color


Second was the filter type toy camera


The last two are the filter miniature



 Just some snaps from along the street.




As we arrived we had a major change of plan. The queue was so long that it would have easily taken around about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to the entrance.
Time we did not want to waste on this short trip. All though the weather was looking like rain we got onto the next Metro station and headed to the Champs Elysees to take a stroll down this famous road.
From a distance we could see the Arc de Triomphe. On the way there I took some quick snaps.












Waiting in front of the Louis Vuitton store can be very amusing




The Arc de Triomphe is quite a magnificent peace of architecture.








From this tourist attraction it was time to get a cup of coffee and something to eat. The distances one walks in Paris are nothing less than huge.

Walking along the road I took this one.


After a small lunch we headed to the Eiffel tower to stand into this queue. This definitely is worth waiting for.


I love this one of my wife. Taken with the Fuji X100S the mounted WCL-X100 and the small EF-X20 flash. I held the camera in the one hand and the flash in the other. The flash was triggerd of by the small on board one on the Fuji X100S

Oh and as this is my wife.

Schatz, Ich liebe dich über alles!!!









The view from the Eiffel tower is stunning.











This panorama was stitched together out of 8 single frames using Autopano Giga 3







From the Eiffel tower we walked along the river Seine toward the Statue of Liberty which is a small version of the one standing in New York City






This next one is nothing special really. Except!!! It´s a jpeg ooc shot directly into the Sun. I did not think that you would be able to see anything more than black and the bright sun. This little Fuji X100S astounded me even more.


Traveling on the Metro of Paris can be very interesting. This guy was using a ghetto blaster to play some music and rap along as the train was heading from station to station.
He posed for me as I got of the train.

Again the Fuji X100S did a great job. The focus speed is up there where it should be. I never, never had any problems like I did with the "old" X100.


This last one of the day was on the street to our hotel. On that evening Paris was one big stage. Fete de la musique was on this evening.


I hope you enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures. I sure did taking them.

Do let me know what you think down in the comments section.

Thanks for taking your time

Stockografie

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts