Fuji X Cameras and fast action

After writing my sum up on the awesome Fuji X100S I thought to myself what next I want to blog about.
Many ideas came to my head and I will post some of them.
But I still did not feel the time is right for that at the moment. Then just the other day it was a beautiful sunny day with a great blue sky. The cherry tree in our garden was at full blossom and I just love when the cherry tree blossoms.

I grabbed my X-E1 with the XF 18-55mm lens in the one hand and the X100S in the other and went outside.

"WOW this tree is alive" I thought to myself. There where so many bees.

First I just shot some of the flowers as I thought that I would not be able to catch any flying bees anyway. These X-Cameras are not the fastest on the market and not really made for action shots. Well thats what everybody says and I went to believe.

Cherry tree flowers and a nice blue sky can be enough for a good picture.







These bees are just so fascinating. Trying to take up as much as they can to compensate for the hard and long winter we had.

Are the X cameras really so slow and not made for "fast" action? I tried both, the X-E1 and the X100 and managed to get some tack sharp shots of the flying honey makers and was astounded that the cameras managed to get the shot.
Not always, not every single one but I did not have to take to many of them.

Take a look for yourselves.







 Both cameras did a good job. The X100S though was better at focusing the action than the X-E1. But lets wait for the upcoming firmware update for the X cameras when the 55-200mm lens arrives. It is rumored the focusing on all lenses will be improved.

By the time I had finished the action shots the sun had started setting and the light was just magnificant.
Beautiful the way it was shining through the tree.




So beautiful.

All shots where jpegs ooc and some of them received some light tweaking in Aperture using the VSCO Toolkit. Nothing much though, just a slight contrast curve to +1 or +2 so nothing much.

I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures as much as I did taking them.
What do you think then, are the X cameras made for slight action? Drop a line and let me know.

Thanks for dropping by

Stockografie

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts